The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Versatile Blogger Award... my first BLOGGY!

My husband has been teasing me for the last year about winning a blog award; also known by him "a bloggy." This is a term he created himself one day and ever since then I crack up when he mentions it. Today I had the pleasure of being nominated by, Melisa at <3 Army Sweetheart <3, a newly married Army Officer's Wife. She was so sweet to name The Peacock Tale as one of the blogs she enjoys reading. While I read her joyful consideration, I was also speaking to my husband overseas. He didn't believe me when I told him I won "a bloggy."





I am not even sure where this blog award started. I have seen it on almost everyone of my favorite blogs, but I am not sure it traces back to anyone specifically. The rules state three things:
1. Thank and link back to the person who nominated you.  
2. Answer 10 Questions about yourself.
3. Pass it along to other blogs that you recently discovered and enjoy. 
4. Leave them your recipients a note telling them about the award.
Ten Questions

1. Why did you create this blog?
In the beginning this blog served a purpose to keep our families informed with our life since we were no longer in our home state. Since I began blogging, I realized there was this HUGE community that served our silent ranks and I wanted to help too!

2. What kind of blogs do you follow?
I obviously am an Army Wife and I enjoy a lot of other Milspouse blogs and not just Army. Everyone of these spouses has something interesting to say. They come from all walks of life. I also enjoy food, photography and kid blogs. 

3. What is your favorite clothing brand?
I enjoy lots of different styles. If I could afford it, I would buy every seasons wardrobe from Anthro, but I like shopping at jcrew, target and thrift stores too! I haven't shopped in forever...retail therapy?

4. What is your favorite brand of makeup?
Hands down Mac or Nars for blush and bronzer. The pink tube mascara from the drug store (I think Cover Girl?) Lancolm eye liner and any lip gloss Sephora is the best too!

5. Indespinsable make up?
Eye liner and mascara... probably some blush since I am so pale this winter

6. Favorite color?
Blue

7. Favorite Perfume
Stila Creme Bouquet (they don't make it anymore)I have to buy it on ebay. I also bought a special fragrance for our wedding day so I would always remember it when I smelt it. Flower Bomb

8. Favorite Film
Too many to name, but mi piace il ultimmo basso (the last kiss)

9. What country would you like to visit?
Italy. Italia ITALIA!! FOr sure! My mother is 100% and I took Italian language and culture classes throughout college. I was an art history major and I dabble in art works myself. I love wine and good food. I am Catholic and would like to see the Pope. I guess those are good enough reasons! 

10. Would you rather forget to put mascara on one eye or blush on only one side of your face?
Depends on how much blush was added. I have dark enough eye lashes, but I am pretty pale. I am sure it would be more noticeable to see red cheek, white cheek. 

Thanks again Army Sweetheart.

I nominate: 
Mrs Sergeant at Air Force. Wife. Life. 
Rheanna at Cammo Style Love

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Kathryn! I enjoy reading your blogs and cant wait to have my laptop back up and running this week so I can blog to full capacity! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete