The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Friday, February 25, 2011

Beautiful breath

Today we had someone come to our room who played the Navajo flute. It was a healing song. The woman who played was playing a song of how she felt. It was amazing. She said, "beautiful breath" in her Navajo language. She said that it's all part of healing. I thoroughly enjoyed it as well as the message.

So many people here at Walter Reed are here for months and years. They are trying to regain strength, manage pain and rehabilitate their mind and body as best as possible. Part of that process includes healing mentally. Beautiful thoughts and breaths are exactly a way to do that!

I am soooooo humbled here. I never want to complain about any aches or pains. Everytime I walk up the stairs or pick up my silverware I thank God for my extemeities. These soldiers are an inspiration. I also believe that wounded warriors have a great outlook on life.

I definitely don't wish anyone to have to be here after an IED blast, but if you are here, they do take care of you!

Thank you for all of your concerns and encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment