The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Lily Burana

"Only when we are no longer afraid do we begin to live in every experience, painful or joyous, to live in gratitude for every moment , to live abundantly." -dorothy thompson.

I wanted to share with you an army wife that I have great respect for her writing skills and her courage. Her name is Lily Burana. In her recent book, "I love a man in uniform" she honestly describes her relationship from the beginning when it's fresh and new to the hard times after september 11. She truly is a marvelous, modern day woman. I am certain, Martha Washington would be proud of her. After reading her book, which everyone should, I decided to see if she had a blog. It turns out she does. I found this article she wrote for the new york times back on veteran's day 2010. I love the way she shares the emotion of watching a war film with her husband. She describes how very different the emotional state of army husband and army wife is through the film. Please take a look here. If you aren't truly moved by her writing, I don't know what will get you then! She is fantastic!

She also has a course on Burlesque dancing with a boa and satin gloves exclusively for army wives. It would be fun if she could do a tour of that! HOW FUN! Thanks Lily for what you do! You may have only received a plastic letter when your husband retired, but what you do trickles down to all of army wives. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment