The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Airborne school

1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000

That is how many seconds it takes to jump out of the 34 ft tower and I am pretty sure the count off before the chute opens. Actually, it takes 4 seconds for the chute to open and if in 7 seconds it doesn't, you better use your reserve!

Preparing for the 1200 ft drop:

Count those steps. Watch that foot placement. Tuck your chin. Make sure you hold onto your reserve shoot like a cheeseburger.

I cannot really tell which soldier is my husband, but as far as I can tell they are all hot, tired and ready to get out of the sun. I feel bad that I found myself a perfectly shaded tree to sit under and watch.

My almost airborne soldier is drinking water like it's going to run out. The black hats (cadres = instructors) are making them drink some powder to increase the electrolytes after PT. Holy cow!



Speaking of PT, my husband ran his 2 mile in 14 minutes. Way to go babe. You are definitely going to fit right into that ranger or airborne battalion. 38 people failed there PT test. People are also dropping bc of the intense heat. Be careful boys and girls.

Officers are allowed to stay on post at the hotel if they are on orders and do not have to pay for it. Definitely didn't know any of that until later on.

Anyone have any tips about Ft Benning or airborne school?



No comments:

Post a Comment