The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Wait is Over... or is it?

Sometimes this life is difficult. (I am reminded of Scott Peck's book, The Road Less Traveled opening sentence, "Life is Difficult"      DAH!) There is no "dummies guide to being a military spouse." Even if there was a book, I am positive that I would insist on making it on my own. I am a woman who likes the occasional surprise, traveling the world and being independent. However, I hate change, like to be at home and wish I could spend my time with my husband. To be fair, I married my husband and indirectly this life. I am not complaining today, BUT when you have been waiting a year to be reunited with your husband, I have no patience for the unexpected. I absolutely do, but I am so close I feel like a little kid on Christmas morning. Of course, he will now be delayed a little longer then expected.   I am sure this experience will teach me years down the road to hide my anxiousness until his boots are in front of me! :) che è la vita!

To help better understand, reflections from military wife Riding the Roller Coaster, ads a beautifully articulated version of our life. Read it and comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment