The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Monday, August 23, 2010

Movers and "homes"

Movers come tomorrow and I feel badly for them. They have to re-pack a great deal of what I packed myself. The worst part is they will be in a storage unit doing it. It's a little stressful thinking about all of my things in storage for 90 days and I won't be able to get my hands on any of it. I am thankful they will store it for 90 days as we wait for my husband to complete ranger and airborne school and for us to be on the top of the housing list. However, I hate moving. I cannot wait to we unpack and have our first night at our house. I know it wont be for awhile and I will enjoy the time in between, but I honestly cannot wait. We have been married almost a year this saturday and I haven't lived with my husband yet. Granted, we have been dating since high school and through college, but we haven't made a home for the two of us. At least it's comforting to know we have our entire marriage and I am sure at least 15 different homes/apartments to call our "home." Besides, I believe my home is with him. Our wedding song was "It feels like home to me" by Chantal Kreviazuk. I am sure several other milspouse's feel the same way as me, don't you? Home is where your hubby is! Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment