The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Friday, July 30, 2010

so long... but not too much longer

I am looking forward to living in army world again. Two years have gone by quite quickly since we began this army life and I haven't lived on any army post. I have definitely lived near them.

*Elizabethtown, next to Ft. Knox, was his Basic Training graduation.
*Columbus, near Ft. Benning, we got engaged.
*Lawton, OK or Ft. Sill, we lived for a year.

It will be a culture shock, but also an amazing support system. Starting this winter, I finally will get the opportunity. I won't hesitate to dive into the "army wives" club or shop at the commissary for my groceries. (I will actually have an ID card since we are married now!)I cannot wait to fly the american flag next to all of the other officer homes, unpack all of our belongings and make whatever place we get a HOME! Home.... we haven't even had one of our own yet. It will be nice....

All I have to say for this year is, "We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." Carlos Castaneda taken from Chicken Soup for the Military Wife's Soul (page 166).

No comments:

Post a Comment