The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Friday Fill In

Thank you wifeofasoldier.com for another Friday fill in! Love that you had the help of other bloggers!

So I finally had a moment of free time after the second surgery to sit down and write on the blog. There has been quite a bit going on and it's a bit overwhelming. Happy Friday

1. What is your must have gadget? submitted by Flying High With My Flyboy
I imagine that would be my iPhone. I would be lost without the thing. I often feel naked if I don't have it with me.

2. How does your adulthood compare to what you imagined it would be like when you were a little kid? submitted by L to the Third
I imagine that my image of adulthood was easier and less complicated. I know my dream of marrying my best friend came true. Our life is exciting and I am experiencing more than I ever imagined as a kid.


3. What is your favorite chocolate recipe? submitted by Our First Deployment
Cinnamon Dark-Chocolate Fudge

4. How do you deal with military life when it gets to be to much or to hard? submitted by Combat Boots And Pointe Shoes
Currently, the military life is the hardest it has ever been. Deployment is easy compared to living at Walter Reed. You aren't worried about him getting hurt, because he is and you are surrounded by other young soldiers who are living with new legs and arms. It really puts things in perspective. I can't imagine complaining a day after living here for almost two months.

5. What piece of advice would you give a new Military spouse facing their first deployment? submitted by The Albrecht Squad
My advice would be to take it one day at a time. If you don't take it one day at a time, it will become pretty unmanageable. Use a calendar to cross off the day before and stay clear of countdowns such as 365 days until he is back. I feel that it's too long. Instead mark off day 1; done, day 2; done. It feels like you have accomplished more that way!! Best of luck to any of you that are! ALSO!! If your husband gets hurt, I recommend contacting the Red Cross, SFAC at Walter Reed Medical Center (Washington, DC, Bethesday, MD, or Belvour, VA, Wounded Warrior Brigade. Rear Detachment does not facilitate the soldier to the hospital and will often not have the current information until the soldier arrives at the specific location. Please look at yesterday's post for any more advice. God Bless you both on your journey.

Ward 57 at Walter Reed Hat and Wounded Warrior Jacket in the Courtyard at the Hospital


No comments:

Post a Comment