Weekly Roundup # 15 Swing on over to Empty Nest, PCS and All the Rest to link up with other Milspouses blogging about their experiences in this fast paced world! It's a great way to meet others and read about similar stories. Every week there is a new host. Who knows you could be next! Next week it's Elizabeth from The Young Retiree. If you miss out this week, there will always be next! Thanks Ladies for hosting. I love Fridays in blogosphere!
FrIdAy FiLl iN!
1. What is the best gift you have ever received or given? from;Jessica Lynn Writes ?This memory sticks out in my mind when my husband and I were driving to one of the many family members houses on Christmas together. It was the only time we had to ourselves. We both gave each other jewelry. I gave him a pocket watch engraved and he found this beautiful tiffany heart locket for me. I was trying to be spontaneous and apparently he was too. He held out his hand and I placed it in it. He did the same for me. IT was almost like out of a movie. I remember feeling very happy and special. I still have to find a picture for that locket. This was over 4 years ago.
2. Do you celebrate holidays differently when your loved one is deployed/gone or do you keep tradition? from;The Albrecht Squad ?
This is the first holiday we will be separate from deployment. This year I will not be traveling back to our home state. Instead I will be holding down the fort with the pups until my parents and sister visit.
3. If you celebrate Christmas, do you put an angel, star or something else on the top of your tree?
Growing up, we used an angel. Since we have only been married two years, and last year we didn't have a tree in Korea and this year there is a waterford star ornament at the top. We do not have an official tree topper! I might need to get one next year! I like stars though.
4. What are your three favorite websitesGoodness! I suppose those websites that I frequent the most are google, facebook and foxnews.
5. On your man do you prefer… boxers, briefs or boxer briefs? Or commando? (yeah, I’m starting to get desperate for questions!)This question, is too cute! Since joining the army, I have witnessed quite a change in underwear. Before joining it was vineyard vines boxers. During basic training it was issued khaki colored "spankies." Then, boxer briefs came around and have stuck with us. I definitely like the boxer briefs. Very sexy. Commando in pants for guys is just wrong!
Thanks again Wife of a Sailor for another GREAT week of questions! I personally love the last one best!
Foto Friday.... "Landscape"
Last week's picture "Sweet as Candy" made it up on House Hold 6 Diva's featured pictures this week. I am truly honored. Thank you Anastasia from Wild Blue Wonders, for commenting. I appreciate it.
I took this a couple of weeks ago from outside our backyard during sunsets. There are some beautiful sunsets in North Country, even if they are at 430pm.
but I found a couple great shots of the sun rising behind the snow clouds.