The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Army Wife Friends

For those of you who do not already know, one of my favorite past times is blogging. I am desperate to know more about this art. (I currently am purchasing Blogging for Dummies...we'll see how that goes). I am constantly wanting to add, change, delete edit my blog to make it as beautiful and artistic as some of my other milispouse's.

These invisible soldiers take the time to share with the world (internet) a different battle besides war. They tell the home front stories. They give us strength because we know we are not "blogging" or living this lifestyle alone. I find it comforting to know that I am not the only female in the world that knows how to fix the garbage disposal or unclog the laundry tub. I am not afraid to drill a hole in the wall or take the "smelly" trash outside. Home Depot and Lowes are not stores I have never frequented. While their husbands serve this country, the wives battles are over when their soldiers return home. They are honest with their battle wound scars. They are strong, hard working, self-sufficient and independent. When they long for their husband, they grab a bottle of Old Spice to "smell" (or wear). They sleep next to an old worn t-shirt or clink dog tags together for a familiar sound. I am similar to many of these women whom I call my blogging friends. We might not know each other personally, but sharing with us gives me a sense of calmness.

This year was our first year of marriage and we had to spend it on different continents, 6,000 miles apart. As this year long deployment comes to a close, I would like to personally thank some important women in my life. Some of you are my family, but some of you I have never met. Thank you to all!

Linda (Mom) - Thank you for your hospitality and helping with Charlie.
Alexandra - Thank you for being such a great sister and friend.
Mother Mary - Thank you for including me in family affairs while my husband, your son was away.
Leslie - You are a wonderful friend and our talks mean so much to me.
Lisa - Thank you for giving me a job! It was fun and it kept me busy.
Meghan and Diana - P90x girls. Thank you for encouraging the healthy exercises with me.

Happy life as an army wife - Thank you for your posts, pictures and sharing your life. I think my life parallels with you at times and I enjoy sharing that connection.

A little pink in a world of cammo - Thank you for being very honest. You have had a world wind of a year, but your strength to keep going is inspiring. Not one of us, wants to talk about the chance of a combat death. However, there is always that chance and reading your blog about your life shows women they can go on with their lives and honor their fallen soldier. You have a beautiful baby and I wish you the best of luck.















Household Diva - Thank you for teaching me about privacy, the beauty of children and how it's fun to be a mother in this army life. You make it look easy!

MilitarySpouseBlogs

Everyone of you is unique and there is no question that any of us are superwives all the time, but we are not the hot mess pining for our husbands at the door either. We are somewhere in between this. NO matter where we PCS, we have this blogsphere to socially connect. It is a bond shared that I am thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment