The Peacock Tale

The Peacock Tale

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Milspouse





I've discovered a new term... "milspouse." It's pretty much slang for military spouse. When you are married to a man in service you are known as a spouse. You are not a civilian, you are a spouse. If you are looking for a title, apparently that is it. After this year long unaccompanied "deployment" (in quotes because it's not in a combat zone), and almost a year of marriage, this is my title; spouse. I believe that is not all that I am, but it's a BIG part.

We are preparing for our big move to New York. Let me tell you what an ordeal this can be! "I have moved a total of ______ times in ______ years." This statement is getting a little ridiculous. I have learned to keep my office in my purse. I have my POA, Orders, Marriage License, ID, Passport ready to flash at the next office. LUCKILY, the transportation office here in Michigan is very accommodating (maybe that is how the AF works?) Since all of our belongings are in storage, the movers will arrange to pick it up from there and transport it to Ft. Drum.... with no address, because we do not know where we will live yet! They will store it in a government warehouse for 90 days. Of course, we will not be able to conveniently use our government warehoused belongings. We will move to NY and most likely rent an apartment.... but wait... not furnished, because we have CHARLIE. No place will rent month to month with a dog or let us stay in a furnished apartment with a dog... understandable. It looks like our first month will be on sleeping bags. HOW FUN! :) We will be on the waiting list for an Officer's house on post once Aaron is signed out of Korea. They will use the date he left FOR Korea (sept 13, 2009) as the date we are on the waiting list. Hopefully, with luck on our side (HA! Luck is said loosely) we won't be on the waiting list more then a month! (Waiting list is currently 3-4 months).

This month Aaron will be in the field for a week in July. He hopefully will return and we will leave for ny right before our anniversary. I am currently working with the summer camps at Lawrence Tech. 

I hope everyone has a fabulous fourth!



No comments:

Post a Comment